Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cheesecake Popper Tutorial

I made these for desert for our monthly family dinner last weekend. They were a huge hit and when I posted pictures on Facebook everyone wanted to know how I made them so I decided to post the "how to" here.


It is super simple and super duper easy!!! Plus I love pretty food and when the pretty food tastes good it makes it even more fun!

Strawberry Cheesecake Poppers

Step One:  Hallow out the centers of about 2lbs of strawberries
so they look like so....

Step Two:  Dip the bottoms of the strawberries in chocolate.  Put them in the fridge for at least an hour, two if you have it, to let the chocolate set up again.  I cut off the pointy ends of the strawberries before I dipped them so that they would be "sitting" up to make it easier to add the cream cheese in step three.
 
Step Three: Mix 8oz package of cream cheese, about 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla.  Insert cream cheese mixture into the hollowed out strawberries.
 
Step Four: Crush up graham crackers and dip the
cream cheese end of the strawberry into crushed crackers.
 
I used a knife to hallow out my strawberries, and used plain old Hershey's chocolate candy bars for my chocolate, it took about 3 regular size bars to cover 2lbs of strawberries. I just melted the candy bars in the microwave then dipped the strawberries.  You could use more sugar and vanilla with the cream cheese to suit your tastes.  I didn't want them to be too sweet since the chocolate already had a lot of sugar.  I put my cream cheese mixture in an icing bag with a large star shaped tip, that made it real easy to get it inside the strawberries.

I couldn't resist posting this picture I captured at the dinner of my niece Mackenzie.  She thought the flowers in the background were so pretty and liked how they matched her shirt.
She is such a cutie, she's a girl after her Auntie M's heart,
 she loves the Bling just like me!!!


3 comments:

Colleen Mcgraw said...

OMG they sound great!! I am so going to make these for the tea this year. Thanks Mandy for sharing!

Jackie said...

I have to make these!! Wow what a fun dessert!!

Colleen said...

Wow! These look fantastic!!!!!! Can't wait to make them!!!!