Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!

Spring has sprung in my studio!
I spent a few days making some spring decorations.  I love the way real eggs look when they are dyed, but I don't ever want to display them because I'm afraid they will go bad and start to stink!  This year I finally took the plunge and "blew out" a bunch of eggs so I could decorate and display the shells.  It took a while but it was worth it!


I had these egg cups in my Easter decorations but I've never found anything I liked to put inside them.  While dying the other shells I thought that I would try to dye some with tea!  I finally found something I like in these cups!  The one in the center is my favorite, I love how dark it got.  I could not get the other ones to turn that dark no mater how long I left them in the tea, it must of come from a different chicken.


The other day a friend sent me a photo that reminded me of these old tin chocolate molds.  I've had them for the longest time but have never done anything with them.  So I decided to make faux chocolates!  I just love how they turned out!  If I didn't know better I'd think that they were actually chocolates, and the best part is they have ZERO calories and I can use them as Easter decorations year after year!

Hope your having a Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

You've been busy, girl! Love the eggs, but I REALLY love the faux candies, and want to know what you made them from - they DO look real! Happy Spring, Mandy - Tanya

Colleen Mcgraw said...

Whew! you have been so busy ...nothing new for you.
I would love to see more photos of that beautiful studio, we miss you here in Las Vegas girl.