Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I love this picture of my mom, Candace Comet, I've had it in our family room for about 13 years.  When I scanned it this morning I noticed her necklace for the first time. It is quite possible that my Great Grandfather made that necklace for her.  One of his hobbies was making jewelry too!

So I ran out into the garage and whipped up a little something to add to her Mother's Day gift that I will hand deliver to her next week.

And here is the finished C! Keep in mind I said I was going to add this to her gift, I will post pictures next week of the finished project, don't want to give away any surprises!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you great women who encourage, support & inspire others!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

How beautiful your Mom is, Mandy...great idea on the little something extra for her, too! Hope your day was wonderful - it was windier than all get out here today! Have a great week - Tanya

Colleen Mcgraw said...

Waiting on pins and needles to see this finished up.
You got one lucky mom thats for sure.

Amanda said...

While my students are taking their quiz I thought I would leave a comment. Most beautiful chica!